Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nothing But a Good Time!

I am going to confess a guilty pleasure that I am quite frankly embarrassed about... I am still an eighties hair band fan! I know... it is something I have tried to move on from, but am just unable to do so. Friday, Aaron and I along with our best friends, Jules and Dan went to the Poison concert in Indy. It is amazing how hearing the same songs over and over can bring back so many memories, some that I am not proud of. Bret Michaels reminded us several times that they have been coming to Indy for twenty-two years. There are many levels to this...are we really that old?? And...I want to know how many times we have gone to see Poison as well as the many other make up wearing glam bands of the eighties. It was quite an amusing sight to behold, not Poison, but the colorful crowd that we were able to watch in amazement. We saw some interesting stuff and realized that we are very normal and don't really belong at a Poison concert. Many people still had their mullets looking like time stood still from the eighties. It was certainly worth the trip just sitting and watching the crowd. There were many people just like us who looked like parents who were reliving the glory days. You should have seen us dancing with our eighties moves. Jules and I felt as though we were 17 again! Until we returned home to the kids...............Oh well it was good while it lasted. Really, I wouldn't want to go back to 1986 for anything!! One more thing I decided, I won't let my teenagers attend any concerts except for Sandy Patty!

No comments: